[Full-Day Workshop] Precision Content® Authoring Fundamentals Workshop
Learn the science and fundamentals of using the Precision Content writing methodology for creating effective topic-based structured content. You don't need to be a DITA author to gain significant benefits from this introductory session. Learn how to think differently about content as we apply these fundamentals to organize and restructure content to make it more usable, repurposable, and relevant. In this one-day session, Rob Hanna will focus on the fundamentals of topic-based writing by teaching you:
• Five information types used by the author for classifying and structuring content
• Four cognitive principles for analyzing and organizing information more effectively
• Three principle questions to ask before beginning to write content that help to set up and plan your content with your reader in mind
• Two language arts we use to separate content intended to inform versus engage our readers and when and how to use them, and
• One unifying content standard needed to support the writing process and facilitate effective collaboration across your writing team.